Many of us are living a "high paced" lifestyle, which can often be accompanied by burnout. What is burnout? Some may know it as adrenal fatigue. It is a state of physical, emotional, and mental exhaustion. Feeling depleted of all of your resources, overwhelmed, emotionally drained, or unable to meet constant demands. Hey, that sounds like me right? And let's face it, we can only run on excess cortisol for so long. This glycerite is packed with herbs to help bring you back to balance, nourish your body & adrenals, calm your nerves, and help your body adapt to the stressful demands of life!
About the Herbs:
- Oat Tops also known as milky oat seed, is a nervine. Making it perfect for those who feel frazzled, scattered, or overly sensitive (which are all symptoms of an overworked nervous system). Oat tops are harvested in the "milky oat" stage when the plant produces a white milky sap. When used in this stage, it feeds nervous tissue and helps restore normal nerve function and vitality. This herb is specifically useful for adrenal burnout, emotional instability, nervous exhaustion, anxiety, and stress. When we are overworked and burnt out, this herb provides much needed nutrients and minerals for our depleted system. Specifically, it is high in silica, magnesium, and calcium.
- Oatstraw is a highly nutrient dense herb that comes from the milky oat plant before it matures. Specifically, this herb is high in minerals and trace nutrients such as silica, magnesium, phosphorus, chromium, iron, calcium, alkaloids, protein, the vitamin B complex, and vitamins A and C! Oatstraw is also classified as a nervine, which means that it works to nourish and strengthen the nervous system. These "milky oats" are especially useful during times of exhaustion, overwork, emotional trauma, irritability, anxiety, & so on.
- Calamus Root is a centering and grounding herb. It is also very calming, but not a sedative, like other calming herbs can be. This herb a can help reduce anxiety and energize you at the same time. Although it may sound contradicting to calm the nerves and fight fatigue, the end result is alert relaxation.
- Hawthorn Berries historically have been used as a tonic for the heart. Dating all the way back to first century Rome, these berries were used as a cardiac tonic. Just as this herb heals the physical heart, it can heal the emotional heart as well. Modern studies have verified that these berries strengthen the heart muscle, support normal heart rhythm, support coronary blood flow, and increase exercise endurance.
- Skullcap is another amazing nervine herb used to support exhausted nerves, decrease muscular tension, and support healthy sleep patterns. It has also been used for centuries in Traditional Chinese Medicine for insomnia and anxiety by stimulating the production of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) in the brain. Thus, promoting relaxation and calming the nerves.
- Chamomile is one of the oldest, most widely used, and well documented medicinal plants in the world and has a wide variety of healing benefits. This herb can be used to improve cardiovascular health, stimulate the immune system, protect against cancer, and calm the nerves.
- Passionflower is another very nutrient dense nervine herb, containing phenols, flavonoids, tocopherol, ascorbic acid, & much more! It also boosts the production of GABA in the brain, promoting deep relaxation. Passion flower is also a natural sedative and has been useful in treating anxiety and insomnia.
All ingredients used are certified USDA organic and of top quality!
Burnout Restoration Glycerite (2oz.)
Use: Instead of slamming your body with more adaptogens, more energy drinks, more coffee, take a minute to slow down and ask your body what it needs! When we are feeling the effects of adrenal fatigue or burnout, we are actually seeking to be nourished and nurtured. This glycerite is packed with herbs to help bring you back to balance, nourish your body & adrenals, calm your nerves, and help your body adapt to the stressful demands of life!
Dosage: 20-60 drops 3-4 times a day. For best absorption, use under the tongue.
(Each dropper full contains 30 drops)
**Not to be used while pregnant or breastfeeding**